Hello and thanks for stopping by!! My name is Michelle Lunn and I am livin' the photographer's dream in the Midwest! In a nutshell, I am....a wife to my best friend. Mother to my baby boy, who brings me more joy than I ever thought possible. Coffee Addict. Traveler. Christian. Photographer. Sister. Artist. Girly Girl. Lover. Auntie Shelly.

MichelleLunnPhotography.com

Monday, March 7, 2011

The Fruit of the Spirit is not a Banana

Last year my friend Jim e-mailed me to see if I would be interested doing a project for the youth group he leads at North County Community Church. I was to take and design a picture for a postcard that would promote the upcoming youth group series. It has since then turned into a pretty regular thing, and I absolutely love it. I thoroughly enjoy wedding and portrait photography, but there is something about these projects that forces me to think outside of the normal realm of picture taking. It challenges me to take a theme and be as creative as possible with the limitations set by specific passages or lesson in the Bible.

This one has turned out to be my favore thus far, probably because this series is surrounded by one of my favorite Bible passages.
Galatians 5:22-23
" But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law."

It is such an encouraging verse that clearly depicts attributes we should strive to achieve in our daily lives.

Oh that the title? That's part of a song from the days of youth group. It never failes to get stuck in my head each time I hear "fruit of the spirit." And if you know the song....it's now stuck in your head.

Side note: I took this picture in our backyard. When we moved into our house the previous owners gave us some paperwork on our trees....they are insured. We own insured trees. We are so grown up.

Photobucket


Have a very happy Monday!

1 comment: