Hello and thanks for stopping by!! My name is Michelle Lunn and I am livin' the photographer's dream in the Midwest! In a nutshell, I am....a wife to my best friend. Mother to my baby boy, who brings me more joy than I ever thought possible. Coffee Addict. Traveler. Christian. Photographer. Sister. Artist. Girly Girl. Lover. Auntie Shelly.

MichelleLunnPhotography.com

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Shot Party 2010: Featuring J*

The Background
For the past several months Kelly Manno has been pouring her heart and soul into putting together a workshop for photographers in and around the St. Louis area. She had this great idea to have multiple photographers come in and speak about their journey and adventures of being who they are as photographers up to date. She brought in some extremely talented people and put together a wonderful event, better known as Shot Party 2010! We attended classes, we went out and had a chance to work with an adorable engaged couple, we ate, and we shared, and we hung out with Jasmine Star...yes the Jasmine Star.
The Introduction
"So...how's Polo?" Seriously, Michelle! Those 3 words are the first words that come out of your mouth when you finally get the once in a lifetime opportunity to meet Jasmine Star?! After the initial shock of meeting one of the world's top ten wedding photographers, I was actually able to calm down and just talk. Jasmine made it easy, she was so down to earth and so just like everyone else in the room. She spoke to everyone for about an hour and put this little photography fire in all of us there! She was so informative, so inspirational, and so genuine. She is a woman who loves God, loves photography, loves JD, loves people, and loves love. I seriously sat there like a little kid smiling from ear to ear, soaking up her contagious personality and every ounce of advice she could give.
The Lesson Learned
I started this blog, knowing I am nowhere near ready, my pictures are nowhere near perfect, and I have a loooooooong way to grow. I wanted to be able to look back and see my progress. I wanted to be able to appreciate where I started and in one, two, and three years say "look how much I've grown!" I did not however share. I have no about me section. I have no personal posts. I have no glimpse into my life for my readers...after all, isn't sharing what makes you vulnerable? Doesn't sharing give people a reason to reject you? Sure in 2 years I will be able to look back on my pictures....but that's it. No record of personal growth, no life experiences, no feelings, just pictures. Jasmine spoke about the importance of connecting with your readers, your clients, and your future clients. Give people a reason to draw to you. It's ok to let people in. It's ok to be you! And for those who don't like it....whateva.
Literally I could go on and on about Jasmine and how great of a person I find her to be! However Adam keeps joking about the fact that I am going to leave him for her! I think JD would have something to say about that! However I will say thank you. Thank you Jasmine for being so real, so willing to share, and so inspirational to all of us here in St. Louis and to photographers around the world. You are fabulous...if I may put it in your own terms.
I will leave you with some "Shot Party" pictures!



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

Thank you Malorie and Thomas for graciously surprising me with a ticket to this event! Thank you to our real life engaged couple! Thank you to Kelly Manno for putting on such an amazing event! Thank you to all of the speakers who were willing to share their time and tips! Thank you to Jasmine and Jd for being awesome! Thank you to all of the new friends I met along the way! This is just the beginning.

2 comments:

  1. I love it. all of it. I'm going to call you sometime this week and catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS POST!!! :)
    Thanks for being so awesome...I can't wipe the smile from my face! :)
    xxxo

    ReplyDelete