Hello and thanks for stopping by!! My name is Michelle Lunn and I am livin' the photographer's dream in the Midwest! In a nutshell, I am....a wife to my best friend. Mother to my baby boy, who brings me more joy than I ever thought possible. Coffee Addict. Traveler. Christian. Photographer. Sister. Artist. Girly Girl. Lover. Auntie Shelly.

MichelleLunnPhotography.com

Monday, January 24, 2011

A Pointless Post about SNOW

As a little girl in California, I remember imagining what snow was like. In my mind it was white, cold, and soft...like fluffy soft... like jump into a pile of heaping laundry soft.

And then one day the mail man delivered a package, sent from that far away land known as Missouri. A package complete with home videos from my mom's friend. She would record footage of snowflakes falling. She would show us cars and mailboxes that were covered in inches on top of inches of snow. She would show us how the folks here have to scrape off their cars after a snow storm in order to go to work. She told us not to eat the yellow snow. And then she would walk around, crunching the snow with her tennis shoes, only to ruin that dreamy image I had of soft, fluffy, cloud-like snow.

I doubt this is the reason, but I am not really a fan of snow. I enjoy snowboarding, or at least the attempt. I enjoy looking out of my window and watching the first snow fall....and then I want it to go away. It's cold. It's ugly when it is piled on the sides of the road, in that muddy shade of brown. And it crunches!

Okay, so this was a rather pointless post (you can't say I didn't warn you)....with an alterier motive. I really just wanted to share these pictures of my puppies, enjoying the 10 inches of snow we received. While I don't care for snow, I couldn't resist showing you how much Guinto and Dyster love it!
Photobucket


He a bit terrifying in this one.

Photobucket
Sorry for the pointless ramble. I promise, I have more interesting and exciting blog posts coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment