Hello and thanks for stopping by!! My name is Michelle Lunn and I am livin' the photographer's dream in the Midwest! In a nutshell, I am....a wife to my best friend. Mother to my baby boy, who brings me more joy than I ever thought possible. Coffee Addict. Traveler. Christian. Photographer. Sister. Artist. Girly Girl. Lover. Auntie Shelly.

MichelleLunnPhotography.com

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

2nd Shooting: Megan and Kevin

Dear Photographers,When given the opportunity to 2nd shoot, do it!

Second shooting is so beneficial. While yes it can still be stressful because you want to produce the best images you can for the main photographer, you don't have near the pressure you do on a wedding day when you are the primary photographer. You are able to gain a new perspective, and see weddings and photography in a whole new light. It is a good chance to learn from other photographers, and if you are lucky enough to be second shooting for someone who is willing to share the art of photography, you can ask questions (during down time of course).

This is where Beth Berry of Beth Berry Photography comes in. Beth gave me the opportunity to come along and shoot the wedding of Kevin and Megan with her. Beth was willing to answer any questions I had and she was a great example of how to stay both relaxed and in control the entire day. I have gawked at Beth's work for a while now, so needless to say I was SUPER excited to 2nd shoot for her!

It was a cold, snowy, no let me rephrase that...blizzard like day! Megan and Kevin were married inside of an adorable church in St. Louis called the Little Flower. From there we braved the snowy roads for some bridal party pictures at an art gallery. And then we got crazy. We went downtown to take some pictures in front of Busch Stadium since Kevin and Megan spent their first date cheering on the Cardinals. And our last stop before the reception? Ted Drews for some frozen custard!

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Aaaand Megan's sorority sisters surprised her with a Flash Mob! Best. Idea. Ever.
Photobucket

Photobucket



My favorite of the day :)


Photobucket
Thanks Beth for such an awesome experience!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for being our second shooter! you were great to work with. if i ever start doing photography on the side... you might be getting a call.

    do you like how we made you stay outside and then go with us while we got some ice cream? we're crazy :)

    ReplyDelete