Hello and thanks for stopping by!! My name is Michelle Lunn and I am livin' the photographer's dream in the Midwest! In a nutshell, I am....a wife to my best friend. Mother to my baby boy, who brings me more joy than I ever thought possible. Coffee Addict. Traveler. Christian. Photographer. Sister. Artist. Girly Girl. Lover. Auntie Shelly.

MichelleLunnPhotography.com

Monday, May 2, 2011

....And Don't Forget the Flowers

Let me preface this story with this. I am not a roses and daisies type of girl. I have never really been into getting flowers for holidays. I mean come on...who wants a gift that is going to die in a matter of days?! However, when given unexpectedly, spontaneously, and sporadically, flowers can be sweet.

Anyways...onto the story. A while back Adam was scheduled to go to Kansas City for work to help out with some boring engineering mumbo jumbo that I couldn't put into Lamen's terms if I tried. He was going to be gone Monday through Friday, leaving me home alone, with my computer and my dogs. First thing Monday morning he headed for KC. At the end of the day he was extremely tired, so a quick good night was the extent of our phone conversation. He was off to bed, as I was off to a night full of editing.

After work the following day I was pooped. I fell asleep on the couch to some cheesy sitcom. Just about the time I fell into a really deep sleep I heard the garage door. Too out of it to do anything I just sat there frozen in my snuggie, with my eyes as wide as my head.

It was Adam. It turns out they didn't need him in Kansas City after all. As he turned Kitchen corner with his hands behind his back he said surprise and held out and empty clenched fist and told me to pretend there were flowers in it. He had driven around for over an hour in search for a florist, as the Garmin sent him on a wild goose chase. Hey, it's the thought that counts he said.

Fast forward a few weeks and Adam has been called out of town again. As I begged for him not to go over our morning cup of coffee, I asked him if he would be home early to surprise me again....and if so don't forget the flowers. We both laughed and went on our way.

This time around he did not come home from his trip early, however, I did come home to an empty house, my computer, my dogs, and these. Everybody now...awwwww.


Photobucket

This makes the 3rd time I have received flowers from Adam in our 8 years together...and that's just the way I like it. The second time was this night.

No comments:

Post a Comment