Hello and thanks for stopping by!! My name is Michelle Lunn and I am livin' the photographer's dream in the Midwest! In a nutshell, I am....a wife to my best friend. Mother to my baby boy, who brings me more joy than I ever thought possible. Coffee Addict. Traveler. Christian. Photographer. Sister. Artist. Girly Girl. Lover. Auntie Shelly.

MichelleLunnPhotography.com

Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Proposal: Erik and Amanda

When my little sister called, asking me if I wanted to take engagement pictures for some friends of hers I was excited. When she said "no, no, these are ENGAGEMENT pictures, like the act of getting engaged, like the proposal," excited quickly became an understatement.
The day of the proposal arrived. I had never met Erik before, but as the moment approached I was seeing glimpses into the kind of person he is, and the kind of husband he will be. My stomach turned as I thought of how nervous he must be, but each little detail turned those nerves into joy. The boquet of flowers with a sign which read Amanda's future name, a map of where the flowers were to be placed, the fountain lights on Art Hill, the careful planning, and the love he poured into this special night all gave me goosebumps.
It was time....the moment was here. And suddenly, we realized we made a bit of a boo boo. We placed the flowers in the wrong location. So after Erik and Amanda passed "their spot" with no flowers in sight, Dominick quickly ran to relocate the boquet to its proper place. Good thing it was 11 o'clock at night...otherwise this would have looked REALLY funny! Round two, everything was set and Erik was ready! They walked up to the flowers and he got down on one knee. It was adorable. Although I could not hear what he was saying I could hear the suprise and delight in Amanda's voice as she screamed and said YES!

The Flowers

Photobucket

The Map

Photobucket


The Proposal

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Celebration

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Love


Photobucket

Erik and Amanda, thank you for being so darn cute and allowing me to share this special moment with you! You are both extremely blessed and I can't wait to see what God has in store for you! I can't thank you enough for the kindness and appreciation you shared toward me. CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH!!!!

5 comments:

  1. This is so amazing! I love the silhouette one in front of the fountain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of them bending down to look at the ring under the light. It's so real and so beautifully captured Shelly. Love love love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing these! What a blessing! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures were so beautiful-really captures the joy and excitement of this special event.

    ReplyDelete